Waratah Boxing Day 2022
- Duration: 210 Minutes
- Location: Pyrmont, NSW
Waratah will take up the best vantage point possible (subject to prevailing course and weather conditions) as the Sydney-Hobart yacht race starter's gun fires and the fleet races for the Heads and the turn to the south. Join us on historic 1902 steam tug Waratah to enjoy the race start and complimentary tea, coffee and a light lunch on board. Any other snacks and beverages are BYO.
Event Information:Check in Time: 11.30am
Boarding Time: 11.45am for 12.00pm DEPARTURE
End Time: 3.00pm
Vessel: 1902 Steam Tug Waratah
Please note we have a short amount of time to board passengers, the Ship will be leaving the wharf at 12.00pm on the clock.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
Where to arrive: Northern end Pirrama Park, Pyrmont, NSW - opposite the apartments at 11 Pirrama Road
What to bring: BYO snacks & beverages. Light lunch provided with complimentary tea & coffee included.
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min), walk to Pirrama Park (11 min)
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay, walk to Pirrama Park (11 min)
- Light Rail from Central station and alight at Star Casino, walk to Pirrama Park (6 min)
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Parking at Wilson Parking - Jones Bay Wharf.
Other special instructions:
If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited. Please read through the terms and conditions carefully prior to booking. Terms and conditions are available here and at checkout.