James Craig Holiday Harbour Cruise - 2nd October 2022
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Location: Pyrmont, New South Wales
Ahoy there adults and kids!
Enjoy a family day harbour cruise during this October long weekend on Sydney’s biggest sailship, the 1874 tallship James Craig. This is a unique opportunity at VERY SPECIAL LOW PRICES. With the minimum age reduced to 8 years it is an ideal day out for everyone aged 8 to 100!
There will be activities for everyone. Try one of our sailor’s hammocks, help raise a sail, tie knots or learn to splice a line. There’s ‘I Spy’ to play, sea shanty singing, a strolling fiddler and much much more. Come and experience an unforgettable family adventure on Sunday, October 2nd.Additional activities include:
+ Supervised Jibboom Climbing – (limited to ages 12+): Climb the Jibboom (that long pointy pole at the front of the ship) under the experienced watch of our friendly and experienced crew.
+ Climbing of the Ships Rigging - (limited to ages 16+): For a really memorable experience – imagine the bragging rights - climb the ship’s rigging, with the assistance of our expert climbing crew who will assist with taking a photo of you at the top of the climb.
**All CLIMBING ACTIVITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CREW AVAILABILITY AND SAFETY GEAR. PLEASE ADD IN OPTIONAL EXTRAS AFTER YOU CLICK "BOOK NOW".
+ Fancy Dress Competition: We invite passengers to dress in any traditional or maritime themed costume (and of course Pirates!). Prizes for the best dressed will be awarded at the end of the day.
Our voyage begins when you board Tall Ship James Craig at 10:30am from Wharf 7 facing the north side of the Australian National Maritime Museum. We depart at 11:00m for a cruise around Sydney Harbor. A light snack box lunch is included for all guests. Tea/coffee and water are complementary and there will be a bar selling drinks.
Minimum Age: 8
Where to arrive: Wharf 7, 58 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009- on the northern side of the Australian National Maritime Museum.
Vessel: 1874 Tall Ship James Craig
What to wear: We invite passengers to dress in any traditional costume of their choice and of course we’ll be looking for Pirates, too. Prizes for the best dressed.
*Stilettos and sharp-heeled shoes strictly prohibited*
Boarding Time: 10:30am for 11:00am departure.
End Time: 2:00pm
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Light Rail from Central station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street.
- When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Wharf 7 Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. A raincheck voucher will be issued. Smoking on board strictly prohibited..
- To make a 10+ group booking contact the office 02 9298 3888 or email@example.com