Tour A- Waratah Tug and Vintage Bus Combined Day Out - Pyrmont Departure/Arrival
- Duration: 270 Minutes
- Location: Pyrmont, NSW
DATE: SUNDAY 16 OCTOBER
Start Time: 11.30 am
End Time: 4.00 pm
Vessel: 1902 Steam Tug Waratah and 1936 TD4 Leyland Bus
Enjoy two slices of transport history for the great value price of $90 per person. Includes lunch, a harbour cruise, city sights bus trip, and a tour of the Sydney Bus Museum.
COMMENCING WITH A HARBOUR CRUISE FOLLOWED BY A CITY SIGHTS BUS RIDE AND TOUR OF THE BUS MUSEUM
Meeting at 11.30 am at Pirrama Park, Pyrmont you will depart on 1902 Steam Tug Waratah at midday for just over an hour cruising around beautiful Sydney Harbour. You will have a chance to see over the boat and learn more about her history and Sydney Heritage Fleet. You will receive a delicious packed lunch to enjoy along the way.
After disembarking the vessel at Pirrama Park Wharf in Pyrmont, you will board a 1936 TD4 Leyland Bus for a one hour city sights tour, reliving thethrill of bus transport from another era. After driving over the Anzac Bridge, you will arrive at the Sydney Bus Museum around 2.30 pm for a guided tour of the museum. A shuttle bus will return you to Pyrmont by 4.00 pm.
Catering: Packed lunch, snack, bottle of water and tea/coffee is included
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear, and bring a windproof jacket. Stilettos and sharp-heeled shoes strictly prohibited.
Boarding Time: Waratah will be boarding at 11.45 am for a 12.00 pm sharp departure.
Where to arrive: Northern end Pirrama Park, Pyrmont, NSW - opposite the apartments at 11 Pirrama Road
Children must be over the age of 12 to participate. No concession prices are available for this special event.
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min), walk to Pirrama Park (11 min)
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay, walk to Pirrama Park (11 min)
- Light Rail from Central station and alight at Star Casino, walk to Pirrama Park (6 min)
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Parking at Wilson Parking - Jones Bay Wharf.
OTHER SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Should any weather event potentially effect either the vessel or bus operating safely, a raincheck voucher will be issued. Smoking on board the vessel or bus is strictly prohibited.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available at checkout.