Harman | Westside Stories
- Durata: 2 Ore (circa)
- Luogo: Darling Harbour, NSW
- Codice prodotto: WSS
Use your $25 discover voucher from the dine and discover scheme on one of our cruises and receive a further $10 off!
Simply email email@example.com or call 9298 3888 to organise your registration. Please include your voucher code in the email.
*Please note the voucher resets every 10 minutes. We will try and attend to your request in a timely manner. 1 voucher accepted per person per booking. Vouchers apply to new bookings only.*
Check in Time: 9.45am
Finish Time: 12.30pm
Vessel: 1943 Motor Launch Harman
Sydney Harbour ceased being our major working port when that role was transferred to Botany Bay. Some of this transformation is complete while much is still underway. See the remaining vestiges of the working waterfront alongside modern new construction as we take you deep into the bays and coves, west of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. One of the bays we explore in detail is Rozelle, where we see the SHF workshops, and many historic vessels including those being restored, before moving on through Blackwattle Bay on our return route.
The tour finishes back at the Australian National Maritime Museum Heritage Wharf by 12:30pm.
- started with a dry dock, but they went on to build warships, pipes and locomotives
- see where Palmolive and Protex soap was made alongside where our ferries now rest
- view a heritage listed incinerator by the same designer as our capital city
- be visually transported to Scandinavia by multi coloured harbour front workshops
- pawnbroker’s three brass balls, or something else? and what does Ultimo mean?
- a bay named after a landowner, who with his wife was hanged for murder
- circumnavigate an island that housed convicts, water police, gunpowder, harbour
masters, the Maritime Service Board and a TV film set.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
Check in Time: 9.45am
Meeting Point: At the two anchors outside the main entrance of the Australian National Maritime Museum
Minimum Age: 12
We are a registered COVIDSafe company.
Check in process
Masks: Masks will be mandatory for the duration of the cruise.
- QR sign in: We ask all passengers sign in using our contactless QR code. If unable to do so alternative methods will be available.
- Vaccination Certificate: Vaccination certificate will need to be sighted prior to you boarding the vessel as a condition of entry.
All passengers are require to be fully vaccinated or hold a valid medical exemption to attend.
Use of hand sanitiser: Crew will pump hand sanitiser onto hands of each passenger prior to boarding. If you prefer to use your own hand sanitiser this is also allowed.
Failure in complying with any of the above may result in the Master of the vessel preventing you from boarding.
• Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
• Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Light Rail from Central station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
• Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Australian National Maritime Museum Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available here https://shf.org.au/terms and at checkout.