Harbour Cruise - 1942 Submarine Attack
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: PAPPDF
USE YOUR $25 DISCOVER VOUCHER FROM THE DINE AND DISCOVER SCHEME ON OUR OF OUR CRUISES AND RECEIVE A FURTHER $10 OFF!
SIMPLY EMAIL INFO@SHF.ORG.AU TO ORGANISE YOUR REGISTRATION. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR VOUCHER CODE IN THE EMAIL.
*1 VOUCHER ACCEPTED PER PERSON PER BOOKING. VOUCHERS APPLY TO NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.*
Learn more about this important day in Sydney’s history from
the site of key locations, including where:
- the first midget submarine was caught in the
- the second submarine tried and failed to sink
the USS Chicago
- the third submarine sank.
Hear too about the back story of how unprepared Sydney was for this attack and about the heroic Japanese submariners.
Do all of this from another part Sydney’s naval heritage, the iconic 1874 barque James Craig, the only 19th century sailing ship in the southern hemisphere.
Minimum Age: 10
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and bring a windproof jacket. Stilettos and sharp-heeled shoes strictly prohibited.
What to bring: Please bring a waterbottle and a face mask.
Check-in Time: 1:30pm
Boarding Time: 1:45pm for 2:00pm DEPARTURE
End Time: 5.00pm
Where to arrive: Wharf 7, 58 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009
Vessel: 1874 Tall Ship James Craig
We are a registered COVIDSafe company.
Check in process
- QR sign in: We ask all passengers sign in using our contactless QR code. If unable to do so alternative methods will be available.
- Use of hand sanitiser: Please sanitise your hands prior to boarding using the hand sanitiser provided. If you prefer to use your own hand sanitiser this is also allowed.
- Masks: Passengers are encouraged to wear masks.
Failure in complying with any of the above may result in the Master of the vessel preventing you from boarding.
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Light Rail from Central station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street.
- When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Wharf 7 Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. A raincheck voucher will be issued. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.
- To comply with COVID - 19 regulations we will require a phone number and email address for each passenger.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available here https://shf.org.au/terms and at checkout.
- To make a 10+ group booking contact the office 02 9298 3888 or email@example.com