Up the Lazy River
- Dauer: 4 Stunden
- Ort: Darling Harbour, NSW
The Parramatta River is intrinsically linked to the life and culture of Aboriginal people and was the highway to nationhood for the early European settlers. It's a return cruise to Newington, highlighting landmarks along the way, telling you the stories behind them. There will be a mid route toilet stop along the way, usually at Newington. We recommend BYO lunch and drink, which you can consume on board as we don't return to Darling Harbour until 2.30pm.
- See the birthplace of the Green Ban in Australia
- A childhood home of a famous poet
- The little-known monument to a Sydney world champion
- Prestige redevelopment of former industrial sites
- Former boatbuilding sites, large and small, heroic and hopeless, through peace and war
- The hidden resting place of our best known Aboriginal man
- The lasting legacy of a great philanthropist
The tour finishes back at the Australian National Maritime Museum by 2:30pm.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
What to bring: Please bring your own water bottle and BYO lunch is recommended, as river traffic can delay return time.
Check in Time: 9.45am
Finish Time: 2.30pm
Meeting Point: At the two anchors outside the main entrance of the Australian National Maritime Museum
Vessel: Heritage Motor Launch - Berrima 1955 or Harman 1943
We are a registered COVIDSafe company.
• Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
• Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Light Rail L1 from Central or Dulwich Hill station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St close to George Street and the Town Hall. Alight at Star Casino (5 min walk to Museum https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
• Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Australian National Maritime Museum Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.