- Trvanie: 2 Hodín (cca.)
- Poloha: Darling Harbour, NSW
- Kód produktu: 7IC
Our motor launch Harman (c.1943) takes you close to Goat and Berry islands before a short stop at Cockatoo Island to see the historic docks. West of Cockatoo Island the tour includes Rodd, Snapper and Spectacle islands. Our guides will tell you about the various purposes Sydneysiders and some interesting visitors have used these islands for!
And…Yes—the 7th island will be revealed on the day!
- Cruise from Darling Harbour to the Parramatta River and Iron Cove.
- Hear stories of gunpowder, convicts, water police, ships, bacteriological research, rats and rabbits, a bushranger, and a famous French actress and her dogs.
- Mid route, we disembark for a short but fascinating Cockatoo island tour.
The tour finishes back at the Australian National Maritime Museum by 12:30pm.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
What to bring: Please bring your own water bottle and face mask.
Check in Time: 9.45am
Finish Time: 12.30pm
Meeting Point: At the two anchors outside the main entrance of the Australian National Maritime Museum
Vessel: Heritage Motor Launch - Harman 1943 or Berrima 1955
We are a registered COVIDSafe company.
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Light Rail from Central station or Dulwich Hill and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Australian National Maritime Museum Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available here https://shf.org.au/terms and at checkout.