- Durée: 2 Heures
- Lieu: Darling Harbour, NSW
The islands of Sydney Harbour have fascinating histories. On this tour, aboard a Sydney Heritage Fleet historic motor launch, you’ll see seven islands to the west of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Goat, Berry, Rodd, Snapper and Spectacle Islands are among them and there’ll be a short stop to see the historic docks at Cockatoo Island. That makes six.
And … Yes, we’ll reveal the 7th island on the day!
- The cruise commences in Darling Harbour and travels west, taking in part of the Parramatta River, and Iron Cove.
- Hear stories of gunpowder, convicts, water police, ships, bacteriological research, rats and rabbits, a bushranger, and a famous French actress and her dogs.
- Mid-cruise, we disembark for a short but fascinating tour of the historic Cockatoo Island docks, including the convict-built Fitzroy Dock.
The tour returns to Darling Harbour where we disembark at the Australian National Maritime Museum..
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
What to bring: Please bring your own water bottle. (Face masks are not required)
Check in Time: 9.45am
Finish Time: 12.30pm
Meeting Point: At the two anchors outside the main entrance of the Australian National Maritime Museum, Darling Harbour
Vessel: Heritage Motor Launch - Berrima 1955 or Harman 1943
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge to Australian National Maritime Museum (15 min).
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Light Rail L1 from Central station or Dulwich Hill and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city with a stop in Park St close to George Street and the Town Hall. Alight at Star Casino (5 min walk to Museum (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street, Pyrmont. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Australian National Maritime Museum Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.