Icons up Close
- Duración: 2 Horas (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: Darling Harbour, NSW
- Código de producto: ICONS
Unlike other harbour tours on ferries and cruise boats, our motor launch Harman (c.1943) can take you in close to the shoreline to get amazing views of some 20 or so Sydney icons, some well-known, some surprises and some controversial—and we can tell you about one icon forgotten by most people. Barangaroo, the Opera House, historic mansions and Garden Island naval base are just a few icons you will see up close. And for those who loved our Seven Islands tour west of the Harbour Bridge, this tour takes you past four of the five islands east of the bridge.
- See views only visible from the water and hear stories even locals don’t know.
- The cruise includes a forgotten icon, a controversial icon, a UNESCO listed icon, the first 21st century icon and five islands, two of which are no longer islands – including an island that is no longer a garden and a garden that is the oldest scientific institution in Australia.
- AND… all the time you cruise on Sydney’s No.1 icon!
The tour finishes back at the Australian National Maritime Museum by 12:30pm.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
What to bring: Please bring your own water bottle and face mask.
Check in Time: 9.45am
Finish Time: 12.30pm
Meeting Point: At the two anchors outside the main entrance of the Australian National Maritime Museum
Vessel: Heritage Motor Launch - Harman 1943 or Berrima 1955
We are a registered COVIDSafe company
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Light Rail from Central station or Dulwich Hill and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Australian National Maritime Museum Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available here https://shf.org.au/terms and at checkout.