Harman | Icons up Close Cruise
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Darling Harbour, NSW
- Product code: ICONS
Use your $25 discover voucher from the dine and discover scheme on our of our cruises and receive a further $10 off!
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9298 3888 to organise your registration. Please include your voucher code in the email.
*Please note the voucher resets every 10 minutes. We will try and attend to your request in a timely manner. 1 voucher accepted per person per booking. Vouchers apply to new bookings only.*
Unlike other harbour tours on ferries and cruise boats, our motor launch Harman (c.1943) can take you in close to the shoreline to get amazing views of some 20 or so Sydney icons, some well-known, some surprises and some controversial—and we can tell you about one icon forgotten by most people. Barangaroo, the Opera House, historic mansions and Garden Island naval base are just a few icons you will see up close. And for those who loved our Seven Islands tour west of the Harbour Bridge, this tour takes you past four of the five islands east of the bridge.
- See views only visible from the water and hear stories even locals don’t know.
- The cruise includes a forgotten icon, a controversial icon, a UNESCO listed icon, the first 21st century icon and five islands, two of which are no longer islands – including an island that is no longer a garden and a garden that is the oldest scientific institution in Australia.
- AND… all the time you cruise on Sydney’s No.1 icon!
The tour finishes back at the Australian National Maritime Museum by 12:30pm.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
What to bring: Please bring your own water bottle and face mask.
Meeting Time: 9.45am
Finish Time: 12.30pm
Meeting Point: At the two anchors outside the main entrance of the Australian National Maritime Museum
Vessel: 1943 Motor Launch Harman
We are a registered COVIDSafe company
Check in process
- QR sign in: We ask all passengers sign in using our contactless QR code. If unable to do so alternative methods will be available.
- Use of hand sanitiser: Crew will pump hand sanitiser onto hands of each passenger prior to boarding. If you prefer to use your own hand sanitiser this is also allowed.
Failure in complying with any of the above may result in the Master of the vessel preventing you from boarding.
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Light Rail from Central station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Australian National Maritime Museum Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available here https://shf.org.au/terms and at checkout.