- Продолжительность: 2 час. (прибл.)
- Место встречи: Darling Harbour, NSW
- Код предложения: HNS
Unlike other harbour tours on ferries and cruise boats, our motor launch Harman (c.1943) focusses on the northern harbour foreshore between Bradleys Head and Balls Head, heading deeper into the bays and coves than commercial vessels can manage. Passengers will see the sites and hear the stories of the northern harbour’s once extensive boat and shipbuilding and engineering enterprises; former sites of heavy industry that are now public parks and reserves; Aboriginal settlement; colonial defence installations; places of recreation and leisure (old and new), and places that have seen major Australian artistic achievement.
- Explore the headlands, bays and coves from Bradley’s Head to Balls Head which are inaccessible by ferries and larger commercial vessels.
- See intriguing “Once Upon a Time”, May Gibbs house, Brett Whiteley’s house and studio and Wendy’s secret garden.
- Hear about early Aboriginal life and colonial enterprises plus Sydney’s worst maritime disaster.
- See former waterfront industrial and defence sites now transformed for general public use.
The tour finishes back at the Australian National Maritime Museum by 12:30pm.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
What to bring: Please bring your own water bottle and face mask.
Check in Time: 9.45am
Finish Time: 12.30pm
Meeting Point: At the two anchors outside the main entrance of the Australian National Maritime Museum
Vessel: Heritage Motor Launch - Harman 1943 or Berrima 1955
We are a registered COVIDSafe company.
• Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
• Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Light Rail from Central or Dulwich Hill station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
• Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Australian National Maritime Museum Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available here https://shf.org.au/terms and at checkout.