Sweet Chariot Presentation
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: SWECHA
Finish Time: 8.00pm
Location: Tall Ship James Craig
Berthed next to Wharf 7, 58 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009
Come and join us on board our Tall Ship James Craig for a unique presentation on the adventures of Sweet Chariot by Jill & David Henry:
Hoping for the energy of youth but having the wisdom of older age we set off around the world in 2006. Our life together as sailors was destined from the start. We met on a yacht racing out of MHYC, several decades ago. We have sailed ever since on a succession of yachts all named Sweet Chariot. All up we have sailed around 70,000 n. miles and hope to do a few more. Our two boys started sailing ‘in utero’ and sailing as a passion has now extended into the next generation, our grandchildren.
In November, 2015, we completed a circumnavigation of the world in Sweet Chariot IV, a beautiful Buizen 48. We put 38,000 n.miles under her keel in just under 10 years and officially entered 47 countries.
10 years is an enormous amount of time to try to capture in one presentation so we will entertain you with just a few tales of intrigue - places, people, and perils or rather the beautiful, the brave and the bothersome - encountered in various stages of our voyage.
See more from the Daily Telegraph article here.
Light refreshments and a pay bar will be available on board.
NB: Tickets are not refundable for no shows.
• Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
• Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Light Rail from Central station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
• Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Wharf 7 Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.