Harman l Jacaranda Cruise
- Продолжительность: 90 мин. (прибл.)
- Место встречи: Pyrmont, NSW
- Код предложения: JCRND
Use your $25 discover voucher from the dine and discover scheme on one of our cruises and receive a further $10 off!
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9298 3888 to organise your registration. Please include your voucher code in the email.
*Please note the voucher resets every 10 minutes. We will try and attend to your request in a timely manner. 1 voucher accepted per person per booking. Vouchers apply to new bookings only.*
For a short time every spring our historic launch Harman voyages across Sydney Harbour to cruise the lower Lane Cove River so that you can view the purple tide of Jacaranda trees blooming in the gardens of Hunters Hill and the North Shore. These gardens seen from the water give you an uninterrupted view of the shoreline as it was envisaged by some of the founding fathers of Hunters Hill, the Jouberts, who handed out trees in the 1860’s for the early inhabitants to plant in their gardens to enhance the new suburb.
Places on these cruises are limited so please book early!!
- Discover the hidden winding entrance to the Lane Cove River and the Humbug.
- We pass Northwood Bay a favourite subject of Lloyd Rees paintings.
- See Mary Reiby’s Figtree house still standing on the bank of the river.
- Hear about the ongoing conflict between convict sawmillers and farmers and the Aboriginal resistance fighters.
- We visit Woolwich where the change from an heavily industrialised harbour shoreline to public parks and premier residential areas has left sites such as Mort’s Dock cut into the sandstone cliffs.
The tour finishes back at the Australian National Maritime Museum Heritage Wharf by 12:30pm.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather. Stilettos and sharp-heeled shoes strictly prohibited.
Check in Time: 9.45am
Finish Time: 12.30pm
Vessel: 1943 Motor Launch Harman
Meeting Point: At the two anchors outside the main entrance of the Australian National Maritime Museum
We are a registered COVIDSafe company.
Check in process
Masks: Masks will be mandatory for the duration of the cruise.
QR sign in: We ask all passengers sign in using our contactless QR code. If unable to do so alternative methods will be available.
- Vaccination Certificate: Vaccination certificate will need to be sighted prior to you boarding the vessel as a condition of entry.
All passengers are require to be fully vaccinated or hold a valid medical exemption to attend
- Use of hand sanitiser: Crew will pump hand sanitiser onto hands of each passenger prior to boarding. If you prefer to use your own hand sanitiser this is also allowed.
Failure in complying with any of the above may result in the Master of the vessel preventing you from boarding.
Jacaranda Cruises runs from last week of October to first three weeks of November.
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
- Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Light Rail from Central station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details/sydney-buses-network/389/74389)
- Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Australian National Maritime Museum or Wharf 7 Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available here https://shf.org.au/terms and at checkout.