Australian Heritage Festival | Harbour North Side
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: PYRMONT, NSW
- Product code: AHFHNS
Start Time: 10.00am
Finish Time: 12.30pm
Vessel: 1943 Motor Launch Harman
The tour starts at the Heritage Centre in Pyrmont for an introduction to Sydney Heritage Fleet and the tour. Unlike other harbour tours on ferries and cruise boats, our motor launch Harman (c.1943) focusses on the northern harbour foreshore between Bradleys Head and Balls Head, heading deeper into the bays and coves than commercial vessels can manage. Passengers will see the sites and hear the stories of the northern harbour’s once extensive boat and shipbuilding and engineering enterprises; former sites of heavy industry that are now public parks and reserves; Aboriginal settlement; colonial defence installations; places of recreation and leisure (old and new), and places that have seen major Australian artistic achievement.
The tour finishes back at the Australian National Maritime Museum Heritage Wharf by 12:30pm.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day; a windproof jacket may be useful whatever the weather.
Start Time: 10.00am
Where to arrive: Wharf 7, 58 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009
Meeting Point: Front entrance of the Heritage Centre (under the number 7)
• Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min).
• Darling Harbour ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Light Rail from Central station and alight at Pyrmont Bay.
• Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. (https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
• Parking at Harbourside Car Park, Murray Street. When booked on one of our sails you are eligible for discounted parking. To claim your discount, please go to the Main Reception of the Wharf 7 Building during open hours and ask for your ticket to be validated.
Other special instructions:
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day of the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the event will be cancelled. A raincheck voucher will be issued. Smoking on board strictly prohibited.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available at checkout.