Waratah | Steaming Sundays
- Duration: 150 Minutes
- Location: Pyrmont, NSW
Event Details:A leisurely Sunday BYO lunch aboard an historic steamer, while you cruise the waters of Sydney Harbour. What could be better?
Bring along a picnic lunch and beverages of your choice and board Waratah, a grand old lady of 121-years, while you discover interesting places and learn about their history.
Or just sit back and enjoy the ever-changing views of Sydney Harbour on this two and a half hour cruise.
Waratah was built at Cockatoo Island in Sydney Harbour in 1902 and you will see her birthplace, along with other Harbour islands, Goat, Spectacle and Snapper.
You’ll see historic Mort’s Dock and Woolwich Dock which catered for the ships of yesteryear and there’s an experienced tour guide aboard who can help with interesting background.
But essentially, it’s a cruise to relax and enjoy your Sunday.
Catering: Bring Your Own food & beverages.
What to wear: Bring a windproof jacket as the breeze can be cool on the Harbour. Please wear sensible footwear – stilettos and sharp-heeled shoes are strictly prohibited.
Check-in Time: 11:30am for boarding at 11:45am and prompt 12noon DEPARTURE
Please note we have a short time to board passengers, and Waratah will leave the wharf at 12.00noon sharp.
Where to board: Northern end of Pirrama Park, Pyrmont, NSW - opposite the apartments at 11 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont
Cruise ends at 2:30pm
Vessel: 1902 Steam Tug Waratah
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min), then walk to Pirrama Park (11 min)
- Pyrmont Bay ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay. Alight at Pyrmont Bay, walk to Pirrama Park (11 min)
- Light Rail from Central Station. Alight at Star Casino, then walk to Pirrama Park (6 min)
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. There is a stop at Jones Bay Wharf, close to Pirrama Park (see: https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-buses-network/389/31389)
- Jones Bay Wharf Car Park, 17-23 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont and a 5 min walk to Pirrama Park